Saturday, March 5, 2011
Saturday Where Did You Go???
Sat where did you go? Man this day just seem to fly by, last night I had my sister's kids for a sleepover a almost 2 year old, 8 year old, 10 year old, plus my own 2 which are 13, almost 8 oh & a husband with a double ear infection. So I will say I was a busy mama.lol. Hockey today for both boys, I had to work & do a couple hair cuts this morning & Jakob had a birthday party to go. But with all the craziness I stayed up late last night to answer your request for some of my recipes. To let you all know I now have a Recipe Page in my Header so you can get to my recipes easier. Hope you all had a great Saturday.
Hugs & Kisses Curly.
1/4 cup (50 ml) onion, chopped
1lb (500 g) lean ground beef
1/4 cup (50 ml) ketchup
2 tsp (10 ml) mustard
9 processed cheese slices, divided
2 pkg (235 g each) crescent rolls
16 hamburger slices pickles or dills drained and cut
2 cups (500 ml) romaine lettuce thinly sliced
2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
Additional Ketchup and Mustard ( Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375*f/190*C. Chop onion using food chopper. In a large frying pan cook ground beef and onions over med heat till fully cooked. Add ketchup, mustard and 5 of the cheese slices, (coarsely sliced). Stir until cheese is melted. Remove skillet from heat.
2. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on a round baking stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. There should be a 5 inch/13cm opening in the center of the baking stone. Scoop meat mixture evenly onto the widest end of each triangle. Top each scoop with a pickle slice. Bring the point of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring ( filling will not be completely covered ). Bake 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven.
3. Slice each of the remaining cheese slices diagonally to form 4 triangles ( 16 triangles total). Arrange triangles over top of ring. Thinly slice lettuce; place in the center of the ring. Slice tomatoes and arrange slices around inside of the ring surrounding lettuce. Serve with additional ketchup and mustard, if desired.
Ham & Avocado Blossom
2 pkgs (235 g each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
2 avocados, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
1 small clove garlic, pressed
1 tsp (5 ml) Southwestern seasoning mix
1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
4 oz (125 g) marbled cheese, grated
8 oz fully cooked Ham
1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375*F/190*C. Unroll packages of crescent rolls; separate 12 triangles reserving one rectangle of dough ( 4 crescent rolls separated). Arrange triangles in a circle on a round baking pizza stone with wide ends 3 inches/7.5cm from the edge of the stone. Place reserved dough in center. Use a lightly flowered rolling pin to connect seams; pinching to seal. Lift points of the triangles, twisting once and folding toward center of the dough press into crust. Bake 16-18 mins or until golden brown. Remove from stone and cool completely.
2. Slice avocados in half using knife; remove and throw out pit. Scoop out flesh from avocados; place in mixing bowl. Add mayo, pressed garlic, seasoning mix's and salt. Using your beater beat until smooth. Distribute avocado mixture evenly over crust; spread using spreader.
3. Slice tomatoes using knife. Arrange slices around edge of filling; reserve 5 slices. Grate cheese then sprinkle over tomato slices and filling.
4. Fold each Ham slice in half and arrange inside of tomatoes; overlapping if necessary. Score cucumber lengthwise using a fork. Cut cucumber in half crosswise and core using a corer. Slice cucumber arrange slices in a smaller circle inside of the ham overlapping slightly. Arrange reserved tomato slices in the center of the blossom. Thinly slice green onion, place in center.
5. Slice into wedges using a pizza cutter and Enjoy.